Media invitation – Press conference
UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights presents Kyrgyzstan mission findings
Live-stream: click here
On replay here
3 June 2022 – 11.30 am– 12.15 Bishkek time (7.30 am CET)
- What: On 3 June, 2022, at 11.30 am (Bishkek time), the UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, Mr. Olivier De Schutter, will present the preliminary findings of his mission to Kyrgyzstan (23 May – 3 June).
The briefing is expected to last 45 minutes.
We hereby cordially invite you to join us at the press conference, with an opportunity for one-to-one interviews after the press conference upon request.
- Where: AKIpress Center
299/5 Chingiz Aitmatov Prosp., Bishkek, the Kyrgyz Republic (+996 554 202 945)
How to register and to request an interview:
Journalists are invited to attend in person, please let us know if you will be attending by contacting Oksana Zhukova : email@example.com – +996 772 520 075
- Languages English/Russian/Kyrgyz: simultaneous interpretation in the room and on YouTube.
- About the visit: From 23 May to 3 June, the Special Rapporteur is meeting government officials at the national and local levels and individuals and communities affected by poverty, as well as international organizations, activists, academics, donors, and civil society organizations. At the end of the mission, the UN expert will assess the situation of poverty inequality and social exclusion in the country and submit his recommendations to decision makers.
- Read the media advisory here.
- Preliminary schedule available here.
- About UN Special Rapporteurs: Olivier De Schutter took up his functions as the Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights in May 2020. As a Special Rapporteur, he is part of what is known as the Special Procedures of the Human Rights Council. Special Procedures are independent fact-finding and monitoring mechanisms established by the Human Rights Council. They report to the UN General Assembly and the Human Rights Council. Special Rapporteurs work on a voluntary basis; they are not UN staff and do not receive a salary for their work. They are independent from any government or organization and serve in their individual capacity.
- For more information and media requests, please contact Oksana Zhukova (firstname.lastname@example.org – +996 772 520 075), Bakai Albanov (email@example.com – +996 770 775 512), Isabelle Delforge (firstname.lastname@example.org +32498522163)
Follow the Special Rapporteur on srpoverty.org and on Twitter at @DeSchutterO and @srpoverty